This began as a scenery editing tool (and is still going) for the popular game LineRider. It would pick up the shared objects file (sol) and add scenery lines to it. I've decides to expand from that and have begun making a drawing interface, similar to Flash's. So far, the only tools available are the black ones, which are:
- Mouse: Just sets your mouse; nothing special
- Hand: Drags the screen around
- Crosshair: Line drawing tool
- Transform: Able to select edges and corners of lines and change the position
While drawing lines, pressing and holding SHIFT will snap a line perfectly straight.
Start drawing or finishing a line close to the edge/corner of another line, it will snap into place.
It's not much, but the coding is fairly intense. I'm probably going to turn the transform tool into the mouse tool, and then take off the transform tool.
The other tools which are greyed out are:
- Pencil: draw with a pencil
- Move: Able to move individual lines
- Magnify: Zoom in close or far away
- Manget: Toggle snap-to-objects
- Left Arrow: Undo
- Right Arrow: Redo
- Disk: Save
There are going to be much more options though.